“Pantai Batu Buruk”, or Batu Buruk Beach is one of the most popular beach in all of Terengganu.
Located right in the City of Kuala Terengganu, its white sandy beach area and clear blue water are magnetic attractions to locals and tourists. Facing east, one can experience the most magnificent view of the sun rising from the horizon every morning. While people do not generally bask in the sun here, some do so in the vicinity of the beach side hotel. And as the tide and wave here are very strong and changes abruptly, it is strongly not advised for anyone to play in the water here.
Here, you can also find:
– Mayang Food Complex – for all your food need, starting early morning (as early as 7.30 a.m.) and up until 12 p.m. for dinner and late night supper
– Street food peddlers, usually starting business around 4 pm until 7 p.m (some even extends up to 11 p.m)
– Few fast food restaurants
– Hotels – lots of em
– Recreational park – people jog and do recreational stuff here, usually in the morning and evening. But not at night though – not a good idea.
– Serenity, if peace is what you are looking for.
Getting here is easy. Take a Grab ride (e-hailing), or a taxi. It is very close to the main city center of Kuala Terengganu, which will probably cost you about 5-10 MYR to get here one way (assuming you are staying somewhere in Kuala Terengganu).
Or if you’re feeling adventurous, a light jog will also be a good option. Local Athletes even train here every now and then, and that my friend, will make you, hopefully, bit more spirited than you usually do.
You can get the exact location to this place on our App! Get the Terengganu 360 Travel App on Google Play Store now!
and of course, as usual, share you experience with us! Tag us on instagram @terengganu360 and use the hashtag #terengganu360 to be featured!
If you would like our team to come over and make a coverage on your place of business, or you would like to share something with us, please do not hesitate to contact us through: